Before We Proceed:
Following are the list of topics covered in this blog:
- What is an IP address?
- What is the location of my IP address?
- How do I find my servers’ IP address?
- How do I find my IP address on my phone?
- How do I find my Wi-Fi routers IP address?
What is an IP address?
Internet communication without an IP address is impossible. The way in which internet protocols work to control and identify online activity means that there can be no proper connection, regardless of how hard you try; it’s just too difficult for two devices with different network addresses (or hostnames) get together!
When we think of communicating online, it’s hard not to consider the often-than symbol: IP address. An internet protocol is a series instructions that help control and examine all aspects related with being on your computer network or mobile device when connected via Wi-Fi at home; this includes what sites you can visit as well how quickly those pages load!
What is the location of my IP address?
How would you like to be able find your exact location on the internet? Well, with Geolocation it is possible. This technology can identify where computers or phones are located geographically and generate coordinates for them which we use in our software applications so that users know exactly what city they’re accessing from!
Meanwhile the process of geolocating a device is quite complicated. It involves many intricate parts, including the antennas that help you gain signals from nearby geographical locations and then input those numbers into an algorithm which figure out where exactly on earth your computer or phone could be located at any given time!
How do I find my servers’ IP address?
-Provided that here are more than 3 billion computers in use today, and every one of them has an Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP addressing scheme is used for locating network servers across large networks with billions or even trillions connections at once!
The following steps should be considered when finding your servers’ IP address
- Click the start icon on the computer screen
- Search CMD or Command Prompt and press the enter button
- Use the command nslookup followed by the domain I E.G. nslookup www.google.com and press the enter button
- Follow the command’s output by reading through till you find the Server’s name. The next line that follows with the word address will include the servers’ IP Address
- Select the Command Prompt
- At the prompt, type ping or pathping or tracert followed by the servers’ host name in
Press enter and follow the output to locate your servers’ IP Address
- Go to the terminal
- Run the command ipconfig getpacket en0
- (If you are on airport, replace en0 with en1)
- The command would produce an output. Follow through to find the server identifier
NOTE: Your Computer has to be connected to the internet to run through the above instructions. Else, there would be an error message.
How do I find my IP address on my phone?
Nevertheless, In a situation where you do not have access to a computer, you can also locate IP address on your phone. To do this, ensure your phone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network. If it is well connected, four dot-decimal numbers will appear.
- Select the setting icon
- Click on Wi-Fi icon
- Select the menu button and select advanced
- Scroll down to find the icon with the title IP Address. Beneath it is the phone’s private IP Address
- Select the setting icon
- Tap Wi-Fi which would display a list of connections available
- Beside the network you are connected to an information icon, select it and the details of the connected network would come into display.
- Find the IP Address entry to find your IP Address
How do I find my Wi-Fi routers IP address?
Moreover, router’s IP address is the ultimate way to find your device in any network. If you want an easy, fast and reliable connection with no worries about data loss then make sure that both devices are connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable instead!
The following guidelines would help you locate your Wi-Fi routers IP address easily.
- Click on the start icon
- Type CMD on the search area to launch the command prompt
- A prompt would appear, type ipconfig followed by hitting the enter button.
- A list of all network adapter connected to the device would appear
- Find the default gateway and jot down the number sequence next to it because that is your routers IP Address
On Mac OSX
- Click the apple icon on the computer screen
- Select the system preferences icon
- Select the network icon to open the menu
- Select your network adapter in which you are connected to (It is usually the one with a green indicator)
- Trace the number following the router entry as that is our routers IP Address or default gateway.
Hence, just like phones and computers have IP addresses that are used to identify them on the internet so do servers. A server is an automated system created by software with basic information based off users’ demand for it; each one has its own set of dotted decimal numbers expressed in brackets.