CBS is an American television and radio broadcasting network. A wide range of quality content is available at all times be it daytime, primetime or late at night. You can watch classics, tv episodes, news, sports and gain information too. The CBS network has 28 channels under its umbrella, a few among them are CBS News, CBS Sports, CBS Shows, CBS Drama, and CBS Reality.
Apart from this, the network also has a streaming service, the CBS All Access app, which was rebranded as Paramount+ in 2021 to provide its viewers with a wider selection of content. The service is available to view on Xbox, Apple TV, Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, PlayStation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast.
If you are looking for how to watch CBS on Xbox then, this article is just for you. By the end of this blog, you will be able to stream sporting events, news updates, TV shows and more on your Xbox. Read on!
How to Install All Access CBS on Xbox
To never miss out on any piece of content, you will need to install CBS All Access App on your Xbox and continue viewing. Here is how you can do this easily. Follow the steps below.
- You will first need to download the CBS All Access app onto your Xbox from Microsoft Store.
- Launch the CBS All Access app once it has finished downloading.
- From the top right corner, click on Settings.
- You will be presented with the choice of either ‘Sign in Manually’ or ‘Sign in with a Code’.
- If you wish to sign in manually then enter your email and password. Sign up, in case you do not already have an account.
- If you have opted to sign in with a code then enter the URL www.cbs.com/activate/xboxone/ in your search engine.
- You will get a code on the CBS All Access app, type this code on your browser. Select Confirm to complete your CBS All Access account set-up.
Now you can watch news updates, sports events, TV shows and reality TV on your Xbox.
How To Watch CBS on Xbox Using a VPN
Unfortunately for many people, the CBS app is available for streaming to only the people living in the U.S., Canada and Australia. You will also be unable to access your CBS account if you are a citizen of these countries but currently situated elsewhere. An error message might pop up on your screen when you access blocked regions. You need not worry because we will provide you with an alternative in this article. Continue reading to know how you can access CBS from outside these countries.
You will need to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to hide your geographical location or what is simply called the IP address. VPN will provide you a way around the geo-restrictions by granting you access through a different IP address. This will be the location that you will select from the countries list available on the VPN you have installed. Follow the step-by-step guide to enable VPN on your Xbox and spoof your true IP address.
- Download and Install VPN on your Xbox from the Microsoft Store.
- Get a paid subscription either on a monthly basis or annual.
- Select a location of your choice, either U.S., Canada or Australia.
- Log in to CBS and watch whatever you want to without any geo-restrictions!
To ensure that your connection is stable, delete your browser’s history and all cache data.
Frequently Asked Questions
To sum up everything for you, here are some FAQs.
Is CBS on Xbox free?
Yes. You can watch all content on CBS without having to pay for a subscription.
Where is CBS in Xbox available?
CBS is available in only a handful of countries including the United States, Canada and Australia.
How to set up a VPN connection?
Install VPN. Get a subscription. Select the location of your choosing. Launch CBS.
Are VPNs safe to use?
Yes. VPNs establish a safe and secure connection while hiding your true IP address.