Want to Watch BBC iPlayer Live from anywhere? This blog is exactly what you need!
The BBC iPlayer is a mainstay of British journalism and entertainment. It remains the go-to provider for a sports fanatic both at home and abroad for world news, quality original live programming, and inclusive sports coverage.
The BBC iPlayer shows millions of world-class sports, recently including the Olympics and Wimbledon. In addition to that, it has also started showing BBC live, you can catch up on iPlayer, which delivers numerous iconic shows including Doctor Who and Sherlock; all for free.
However, while it’s quite easy to access the BBC iPlayer in the UK, you might face problems if you’re residing out of the country. So, here we’ll enlighten precisely how to watch BBC iPlayer live, anywhere in the world.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer From Anywhere
Unfortunately, Circumstances differ when you are living outside the UK.
Those not in the UK will find that all of the BBC’s streaming content is unavailable and has been restricted to UK residents. This is cheers to distribution copyrights and the aforesaid TV license fee. However, if you’re out of the country there’s a marvelous stunt you can use to get around this.
Fortunately, there is a way for you to bypass the BBC iPlayer error by installing a trusted VPN. This changes your IP address and you will be able to trick the BBC iPlayer website into thinking you are still in the UK!
Quick Guide: Stream BBC iPlayer From Anywhere
Thanks to VPNs (Virtual Private Networks), people can now watch BBC iPlayer abroad. All you have to do is set up a VPN on your router or computer, connect to British servers, create an account on BBC iPlayer, and be done!
To unblock BBC iPlayer, you will have to use a quality VPN, which is not complicated. If you haven’t used one before, follow those steps;
- Choose a VPN to overcome BBC iPlayer geo-restrictions.
- Install and set up the VPN service on your device.
- Choose a British server and connect to it.
- Go to BBC iPlayer website and create an account.
- Grab your favorite snacks and enjoy BBC iPlayer all around the globe
Watch BBC iPlayer Live Android
- Download a reputable VPN and install it on your router or a laptop that can create a mobile hotspot.
- Connect your Android device to your wifi network or the mobile hotspot.
- Change your IP address to a European IP address
- Go to your Google Play app
- Download and install the BBC iPlayer app
- Open the BBC iPlayer app and insert your login credentials to get started.
Watch BBC iPlayer Live On iOS
- Download and set up a VPN on your router or laptop, (iPad, iPhone)
- Choose a British IP address
- Connect your iPad/iPhone to your router/mobile hotspot
- Go to App Store
- Download and install the BBC iPlayer
- Sign in and watch your favorite TV show
How To Access BBC iPlayer Live On Roku
To watch BBC iPlayer on Roku, you should have the BBC iPlayer app installed. You can find it in Roku’s Channel Store. Keep in mind that you must have a Roku UK too.
Follow these steps to watch BBC iPlayer live on Roku;
- Reset your Roku device
- Set up a VPN on your router
- Connect to a UK server
- Connect the Roku device to your TV and sign in to your account
- Access Roku’s Channel Store, find the BBC iPlayer player app and install it
- Open it and sign in using your BBC iPlayer credentials
- Make sure to connect Roku to that specific router to which your VPN is connected otherwise you will be unable to access the app.
How To Stream BBC iPlayer Live On Amazon FireTv Stick
BBC iPlayer is present on the Amazon Appstore, and all you need to do is download the app and sign in with your applicable details.
Additionally, because the Firestick is Android-based, it supports VPNs. If you wish to watch BBC iPlayer on Fire Stick anywhere, follow these guidelines;
Turn on your Fire Stick and click on the Apps from Unknown Sources. Make sure that it’s on. The option is located under Settings > Device > Developer Options
- If you don’t have the Downloader app, you must install it.
- Download the VPN app of your liking.
- Open the VPN app and choose a UK server.
- Restart the Amazon Fire Stick if you turned on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” setting
- Search the BBC iPlayer app and install it
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and enter your login credentials
- Enjoy binge-watching!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch BBC iPlayer abroad?
Yes, you surely can. All you have to do is download and set up a VPN on your router or computer.
Will BBC iPlayer know that I have a VPN?
BBC iPlayer capitalized on many means to avoid VPN use and can sometimes detect it. If that happens, the servers are blacklisted. However, BBC iPlayer cannot detect more professional and reliable VPNs.
Is it possible to watch live BBC iPlayer?
All of our TV stations and S4C are available to watch live on BBC iPlayer, albeit due to rights restrictions, some programmes may not be accessible to stream online.