Do you wish to watch BBC iPlayer on your Apple TV? Great! We have accumulated all the information regarding your query and hope to assist you with this article. The process is as simple as your wish, so let’s get started.
As we all know, BBC iPlayer is a platform for streaming live sports such as Rugby, Football, Cricket, Formula 1, Horse Racing, Cycling, etc. It’s like a dream for all the sports fanatics out there. Apart from live streams, you can always go for recorded video clips, which are available in HD, providing the best experience to the users.
Unfortunately, this service is only available for UK residents but don’t worry! We have a solution to this problem. You can always use a reasonable VPN to enjoy your favorite matches from anywhere in the world. Let’s look at how you can watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV from anywhere.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Apple TV from Anywhere
If you want to know how to watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV, then go through the following instructions. In no time, you’ll be able to watch your most-liked sports from home without purchasing any additional equipment. First, let’s look at how you can install and use a VPN according to your needs. Then we will share ways to install BBC iPlayer on Apple TV.
Follow the steps mentioned below to use a VPN:
- Make sure to find a safe and reliable VPN.
- Once you’ve found a suitable VPN, it’s time to install it.
- When the installation has been done, open the VPN application.
- Sign-up/Log in with your credentials if you want to, or just skip.
- Connect to the desired server.
Installation of BBC iPlayer
- Now that you’ve connected to the VPN search for the App Store icon on your Apple TV.
- Point towards the App Store and select it using your remote.
- Sign in to the App Store using your credentials if the user is logged out.
- Go to the search bar and type in “BBC iPlayer.”
- You’ll see the BBC iPlayer application listed down.
- Click on it, and press “Install.”
- Enter your username and password if the system asks for it.
- Once the application has been downloaded, you can find it from the main menu.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer Live on Apple TV from Anywhere
Now that you know how to use a VPN and install the BBC iPlayer application on Apple TV, it’s time to learn how you can watch sports on this platform from anywhere. Follow these simple steps to get ready to stream sports from your Apple TV:
- Open the BBC iPlayer application from the main menu.
- It will show the main page.
- If you’re not connected to the VPN, it will pop up an error saying “the content is not available in your country,” so make sure you’re connected to the VPN during this entire process.
- Make sure you have a BBC license before signing up or logging in.
- Sign-up or log in using your credentials.
- Enjoy the huge selection of sports
What are the Subscription Charges?
There are no subscription charges because BBC iPlayer is a free service. The only thing you need to have is a license. You can easily enjoy all your favorite sports from the reach of your homes. All you need is a good VPN if you’re residing outside the UK, and you’ll be good to go. Call all your family members and friends to have a great sports night!
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer Live from Anywhere?
The main reason for using a VPN is to mask your location while using any application you cannot access due to geo-restriction. The same applies to the BBC iPlayer application. So if you’re living in the US or any other country, you cannot watch clips and live streams of your favourite sports events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BBC iPlayer available in the US?
No, the BBC iPlayer is only available for those residing in the UK, but you can even watch your favorite sports in the US if you download and use a VPN to access the services.
Is it possible to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV?
Yes, you can always use a VPN to unlock all the sports content on BBC iPlayer on your Apple TV, no matter where you are situated in the world.
Which sports does BBC iPlayer stream?
Here is the list of the countless sports you can watch on BBC iPlayer: Football, Formula 1, Boxing, Horse Racing, Cricket, Rugby U, Golf, MMA, Tennis, Athletics, Cycling, Ice Hockey, and Motorsports.