British Broadcasting Corporation – shortly known as BBC is the official streaming, radio, and TV with popular Western European streaming services. This streaming platform displays all the worth-watching content i.e. it has popular shows and on-air streaming on BBC network channels like BBC One and BBC Two. BBC iPlayer lets you watch the latest sporting competitions from BBC sports and whatnot. If you have Chromecast installed and wondering how to watch BBC iPlayer on Chromecast, then you must stick around!
This article is crafted to make your streaming experience limitless and seamless. Keep reading to find better ways of watching BBC iPlayer on your Chromecast from anywhere around the globe.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer On Chromecast from Anywhere
From daily routine streaming content to streaming an array of sporting events – BBC iPlayer has it all. However, the bad news is that the BBC iPlayer services are only for British residents. If you live anywhere outside the UK, you would be missing out on a lot of worthy content. Sports fans who have a full fledge Chromecast set-up and live outside the UK would be disappointed to know they can’t access exciting matches from Champions League this season – as most of the BBC iPlayer’s content is geo-restricted to UK viewers only.
Well, no need to worry here. As we have mentioned earlier we are here to communicate to you a full-proof solution to this issue – which is nothing but a well-functioning and trusted VPN connection.
The following guidelines will help you stream your favorite sports on BBC iPlayer no matter where you are from!
- Invest in a fast and feature-rich VPN service.
- Open your chosen VPN and connect to any server based in the UK.
- Turn up the BBC iPlayer on your Chromecast.
- Stream whatever sport you love from any part of the globe
How to Watch BBC iPlayer On Your Chromecast Outside the UK
If you love streaming BBC iPlayer’s exclusive sports content but live outside the UK, here’s what you should do to continue streaming.
- Register yourself to a trusted VPN service.
- Change your location to any server inside the UK.
- Cast BBC iPlayer on your TV using Chromecast and stream your favorite sports right away
How to Use Chromecast with BBC iPlayer
You can access BBC iPlayer both as a mobile application and a web app. Additionally, you can stream live events and curated shows from the BBC archive. Many streaming devices are supported, including Chromecast. Google Chromecast supports BBC iPlayer, so you can cast the contents of the app from your Android, iPhone, or PC.
Henceforth, you can easily cast BBC iPlayer to your TV using Chromecast for both Android and iPhone.
Here are two ways of casting BBC iPlayer using Chromecast.
Using Smartphones (Android and iPhone)
The following steps are to be followed in order to cast BBC iPlayer using your mobile phone.
- Connect your Chromecast-connected TV and mobile phone to an active internet connection.
- Install BBC iPlayer on your phone.
- Now log in using your credentials.
- Locate the Cast icon on the top right corner.
- Tap the Cast icon.
- Now look for the Chromecast device from your list of available devices.
- Now easily stream BBC iPlayer. It’s that easy!
Using Chrome Browser on PC
Here are the steps to follow for casting BBC iPlayer content using the Chrome browser.
- Connect your Chromecast to the TV and ensure its internet connectivity.
- Connect your PC to the same internet connection.
- Head over to the Google Chrome browser.
- Open the BBC iPlayer’ s official website.
- Cast BBC iPlayer site will direct you to tap on the Cast option.
- Choose your device from the list of available devices.
- From the Sources menu, select the Cast Tab option.
- Now you’re free to stream whatever sporting event you want!
Wrapping It Up!
Remember that the outstanding sports content streaming on BBC iPlayer is only for UK viewers. If you belong to any region outside the UK, you won’t be able to gain access to any of the live streaming or recorded sports video. In order to have full authority over those exciting sports events, you must have a trusted VPN subscription.
Register yourself today for a BBC-supported VPN today to enjoy your favorite sporting events without any geo-restricted hassle!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BBC iPlayer free?
Yes, without any doubt. This streaming service lets you watch live and rewind TV shows from all of BBC’s channels for free. BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC News, and Radio 1 are included. Only UK residents have access to BBC iPlayer.
How can I watch BBC iPlayer if I live outside the UK?
Since BBC iPlayer’s exclusive sporting events are for UK residents only. People living outside must have a powerful and streaming-supported VPN subscription to enjoy exclusive content.
Can I Chromecast downloaded BBC iPlayer’s contents to my smart TV?
The Chromecast can only be used if both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Within the app, you can download and cast content available on BBC iPlayer.