Wondering how to watch CBS on Firestick? Great, you have landed on an ideal place! CBS All Access is a US-based streaming service of CBS Interactive and is owned by ViacomCBS. CBS mostly refers to the Columbia Broadcasting System, and it is one of the oldest television networks. With the CBS app, you can get all 10000+ on-demand videos, 24/7 live videos, anywhere and anytime on your device. CBS streams famous TV shows including the most anticipated Harry and Meghan interview by Oprah Winfrey, live sports action like NFL games, and original series from in-house productions.
Unfortunately, the service is only available in the United States, Canada, and Australia due to geo-limitations. In Australia, it is available under the name 10 All Access. You can install the CBS app on Android and iOS smartphones that are accessible on 25 cable TV providers. CBS All Access is a subscription-based service that has two programs for the users. The first one is for $5.99/month which comprises advertisements. However, If you wish to enjoy ad-free streaming, you have to pay $9.99/month for that.
Let’s not wait any longer to see how to watch CBS on Firestick!
Using VPN to Watch CBS On Firestick Abroad
CBS is available only in the United States, Canada, and Australia. So If you are abroad, and wish to watch CBS streaming, You can use a reliable VPN. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and masks your identity online bypassing your connection through a secure tunnel to one of its personal servers. This hides your real IP address and temporarily provides you with a new one based on the server you’re connected to. By connecting to a US VPN server while traveling abroad, you can recover access to your paid CBS account.. Here is how you can do it!
- Open the VPN service and log in with your account.
- Select the US VPN server and connect to it.
- Go to the Firestick Home screen and search for CBS.
- Open the CBS app and start streaming it.
How to Install CBS App on Firestick
As the CBS app is officially available in the Amazon App Store, you can download the app from the store itself. There is no necessity for any third-party downloader. Follow these simple steps;
- Tap the Find > Search on the Firestick Home screen
- Type CBS in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard and click the search icon.
- Tap the CBS app.
- Click the Get icon to start the downloading process.
- When the app is downloading, click Install to install the app.
- After the download is complete, hit Open to launch the CBS app on your Amazon Fire TV, and you are done!
How to Activate CBS on Your Firestick
Meanwhile, if you use cable TV provider credentials to stream CBS content, you will have to initiate the CBS app on your Amazon Fire Stick. Follow the below instructions to start the app.
- Open the CBS app on your Firestick.
- Choose Activate your device on the screen.
- You will get the activation code on your TV. Make a reminder of it.
- Now, on your smartphone or PC, go to the CBS activation page
- Enter the code in the stated area and click Activate.
- On the next screen, place your login credentials and press Sign In to activate the CBS app and enjoy your favorite show!
Alternative Method To Watch CBS on Firestick
Fret not, You can also screen mirror the CBS app from your Android Smartphone to Firestick by following these steps;
- Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
- From the tabs shown, select Mirroring.
- Then, go to the Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone and install the CBS app.
- From the Control Panel, select Cast.
- Now, select your Firestick device.
- Launch the CBS app and sign in with your Cable TV provider.
- Choose any video content and have fun watching it on your Firestick device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to watch CBS on Firestick for free?
You can subscribe to CBS with a cable TV Provider, and you can install the CBS app and watch it for free on Firestick.
How much does a CBS subscription cost?
CBS has two subscription plans, Limited Commercials & Commercial free. The Limited Commercials cost $5.99 per month, and the Commercial-free costs $9.99 per month.
Can I watch CBS from anywhere?
Though CBS All Access is available only in the US, Canada, and Australia, you can watch CBS anywhere using a trusted VPN. The above steps will assist you to connect to CBS anywhere.
Can I watch CBS for free?
Yes, you can watch some CBS shows and content for free online and on the Paramount plus app, but you’ll need to pay for a subscription to access its entire library of content.