Want to have a wide range of sports options to watch on your Roku TV? You must have Fox Sports – a hub of exclusive sports events added to your Roku TV. Fox Sports includes baseball, basketball, combat sports, football, golf, motor racing, and soccer. The channel airs major live events such as Major League Baseball regular season and postseason games, NASCAR events, and USGA championships. Aside from these broadcasts, it also airs CONCACAF, FIFA World Cup, German Bundesliga, Liga MX, and Major League Soccer matches, as well as matches of the men’s and women’s national teams of the United States. If you’re interested and wondering how to watch Fox Sports on Roku, this article has got you covered!
Let’s walk you through proper guidelines to enjoy live sporting events streaming on Fox Sports!
How to Watch Fox Sports On Roku from Anywhere
Nowadays, Fox Sports GO is gaining a lot of popularity thanks to its incredible quality and quantity of sports content. Fox sports seems to have it all when it comes to sports, offering numerous quality sports events live regardless of your interest in baseball, basketball, running, motor racing, or any other sport.
However, Fox Sports is also region-locked, meaning that only US citizens are able to access it. Accessing it from abroad may result in an error.
Due to Fox Sports GO’s geographic blocking, the streaming platform checks to see if an IP address is in a supported area; if not, it blocks the IP address and denies access. But this issue can easily be avoided with the use of a strong VPN. Masking your local IP address and replacing it with the US one, VPN pretty much makes streaming Fox Sports easy for you!
Here is how you access Fox Sports from anywhere.
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN.
- Connect your VPN to a US-based server.
- Open Fox Sports on your Roku TV.
- Start streaming your favorite sports games on Fox Sports regardless of where you live.
How to Add Fox Sports To your Roku TV
Luckily, Fox Sports is already available to download on a Roku Channel Store. All you have to do is install it on your device and begin streaming.
Here are the detailed steps for doing it.
- Go to the Homepage of your Roku TV.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels from the menu.
- Type Fox Sports in the search bar of Streaming Channels.
- Tap on the Add Channel to start downloading Fox Sports on your Roku.
- A Fox Sports popup will appear.
How to Activate Fox Sports On Roku
Are you done adding Fox Sports to your Roku TV? If yes, then here are the guidelines to activate Fox Sports and finally start streaming your favorite sports.
- Head over to the Channel list on your Roku.
- Launch the Fox Sports channel.
- Highlight the activation code popping up on the Roku TV screen.
- Navigate to a browser on your mobile or computer.
- Visit https://activate.foxsports.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code displayed two steps ago.
- Now you will see the Fox Sports app on your Homepage.
- To begin streaming, log in with your credentials.
However, if you’re living anywhere outside the states, you might see an error message. It happens basically because Fox Sports is geo-restricted to only US residents.
If you have Roku TV and Fox Sports subscription already, follow these basic steps to remove the geo-blockade.
- Invest in a reputable VPN.
- Connect your VPN to a US-based server.
- Open Fox Sports on your Roku device.
- Watch your favorite sporting competitions right in the comfort of your home!
How to Watch Fox Sports On Roku without Cable outside the US
With the help of a trusted VPN US-based VPN server, you are able to watch Fox Sports’ exclusive events on Roku.
- Here are the basic instructions to follow.
- Subscribe to a reputable VPN service.
- Download the chosen VPN on your Roku TV.
- Connect your VPN to a server based in the US.
- Head over to Fox Sport or its app on your Roku.
- Enjoy streaming!
Wrapping It Up!
Adding and activating Fox Sports on Roku doesn’t follow any hard and fast rules. In fact, it’s pretty easy. Go through the steps broken down above for proper guidance. Let’s conclude this article with this note! However, if you’re living anywhere outside the US, you’ll have to subscribe to a fast, reliable, and strong VPN connection to enjoy unlimited sports streaming.
Best of luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to watch Fox Sports without cable?
Some of the best cord-cutter (non-cable) options to watch Fox Sport are Sling TV, FuboTV, YouTubeTV, DIRECT TV, Roku, and more.
How much does Roku cost every month?
Roku does not charge you a penny every month. Roku only asks for an initial one-time subscription fee as it has no monthly charges.
Do I need a smart TV for Roku?
No, you don’t. As long as your TV has an HDMI port, any Roku player will work with a 4K or HDR-compatible television.
Do I need a VPN to watch Fox Sport on Roku TV outside the US?
Yes, you do! Fox Sports Go is available only in the United States and is geo-blocked. You will need a reliable VPN with US servers if you want to stream content outside the US.