NHL or National Hockey League is one of the most popular and in-demand sports in the world which is why a lot of people wonder how to watch NHL? especially on Roku? So if you’re wondering how to watch NHL on Roku then you’re on the right page.
NHL is available to watch and stream on channels like ESPN or ABC live which you can watch on Roku if you have a Sling TV or FuboTV subscription. As ESPN and ABC live are available on these TV providers and both Sling TV and FuboTV are available to install on Roku.
How To Watch Sling TV Or FuboTV On Roku Outside The US
Sling TV and FuboTV are great services but the only downside is that it’s only available in the US. That means people outside the US won’t be able to access it due to geo-restrictions. However, you don’t have to worry as this can be solved just by using VPN. Follow the steps below.
- Download or sign up for a VPN
- Connect to a US-based server
- Connect the VPN to the router
- Now go to your Roku device and install Sling TV or FuboTV
- You should be able to access both now and can enjoy all the NHL matches even if you’re outside of the US.
How To Watch Sling TV On Roku
If you don’t know what Sling TV is, it’s basically a TV provider that has a huge amount of channels available on it and you won’t need a cable if you use Sling TV. It’s very accessible as it’s available on multiple platforms including Apple TV, Android, iOS, and even Roku! So let’s take a look at which packages Sling TV is offering through which you can watch NHL.
- Sling Orange – This costs $35/month and offers more than 30 channels
- Sling Blue – It also costs $35/month, the same as Sling Orange but it has around 50 channels and both these packages have different lineups.
- Sling Blue + Orange – As the name suggests, this package has both Sling Orange and Blue channels and it costs $50/month.
Sling Orange and Blue have different channel lineups even though they cost the same. So if you want to watch NHL you should go for Sling Orange as it has ESPN where you can watch NHL. Now let’s see how you can install Sling TV on your Roku.
- On your Roku home screen go to Search
- Type ‘Sling TV’ and choose the app from the search results
- Click on Add Channel to install the channel on your Roku
- After it’s done installing, launch the app
- Create an account and subscribe to Sling Orange and enjoy watching NHL on your Roku!
FuboTV is another TV-provider service that allows you to watch NHL. It’s also a great alternative to cable and even Sling TV as it offers a large number of channels. Following are the packages available for FuboTV.
- Fubo Pro – It has 112 channels and costs $69.99/month. You also get 1000-hour DVR cloud storage.
- Fubo Elite – It has 166 channels and costs $79.9/month with 1000-hour cloud DVR storage and 10 screens at once.
- Fubo Latina – This package has around 43 Spanish channels available for only $32.99/month. You also get 250-hour cloud DVR storage.
Now that you know what packages FuboTV is offering, let’s see how to install it on your Roku. Fortunately, FuboTV can be installed on Roku so the steps are really simple.
- Go to the Roku home screen and click on Search
- Search for ‘Sling TV’ and click on the app from the suggestions.
- Click on Add Channel to install the channel on your Roku device.
- After it finishes installing, launch the app and create an account.
- Subscribe to one of the packages available and you’re all set! Now you can watch NHL and many other sports and entertainment through FuboTV on your Roku!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Watch NHL?
You can watch all of the NHL matches on ESPN or ABC live. These channels are available on cable however an alternative method would be getting a subscription to Sling TV or FuboTV or similar TVproviders.
Is Sling TV Available In The UK?
Unfortunately, Sling TV is only available in the US but you can use a VPN to get past the geo-restrictions and enjoy all of its contents.
Can I Watch Sling TV Or FuboTV On Roku?
Yes. Both Sling TV and FuboTV are available to install on your Roku device so you can watch them both easily on your Roku.