Everyone wants to watch high-quality information, which is abundant in this day and age. Now TV, for example, is a subscription-based streaming platform based in the United Kingdom that allows you to watch the Sky network’s content whenever you want.
Users can stream content from Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Go, Sky Q, and Now TV on up to six devices with Now TV. You can choose how many gadgets you need to cast depending on the plan you choose. It offers a variety of packages, including Entertainment, Kids, Cinema, Sports, and many others, all designed to help you save money.
Now TV is accessible on both the Play Store and the App Store, making it simple to use on Android devices such as the Firestick, Fire TV, Android boxes, Roku, and others. Now TV has its own Now TV Box, which allows it to stream Sky TV content.
Prices for Now TV start at £3.99 per month for a Kids Pass, £7.99 per month for an Entertainment Pass, and £11.99 per month for a Sky Cinema Pass. Sky Sports passes are somewhat expensive, costing £8.99 per day, £14.99 for a week, and £33.99 for a month.
Sky TV is a competitor of Netflix, thus their passes are reasonably priced, with a content catalogue that is comparable to Netflix or Prime Video.
Now TV is only available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and some European nations. To safely stream Now TV and its programmes outside of these locations, utilise a reputable VPN app. Let’s have a look at how to cast Now TV to Chromecast.
How to Use an Android Device to Stream Now TV on Chromecast?
To begin, download and install the Now TV app on your Android phone. If you currently have it, skip forward to the steps below.
- Link your Chromecast device to your television.
- log in to the Now TV app on your Android smartphone.
- Join the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and Android phone.
- On your phone, go to the notification bar and tap the Cast symbol. This Cast option can be found in the Settings menu on some phones.
- The phone will look for compatible devices that are on the same WiFi network to cast to.
- From the list of devices on your phone, select your Chromecast.
How to use an iOS device to watch Now TV on Chromecast
If you’re a first-time user, start by downloading the Now TV app from the App Store on your iOS device.
- Link your Chromecast to your television.
- Open the Now TV app on your iPhone or iPad and log in to your Now TV account.
- Visit the control centre on your phone by swiping up from the bottom.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu. You’ll see a list of devices that can be cast.
- From the list, select your Chromecast.
- Your Now TV programming on your iPhone will be cast to your Chromecast-enabled TV right away.
How to Watch Now TV on Chromecast With VPN?
Do you want to use your TV to watch web-based streaming services? Chromecast may be your best buddy! This Google device allows you to stream entertainment from practically any device to your TV screen.
However, many of the streaming platforms offered via Chromecast use geo-blocking, which is a major issue for customers. To put it another way, the content offered in Europe may not be available in the United States, and vice versa.
Furthermore, while VPNs are a terrific way to access region-restricted material, the Chromecast device does not enable VPNs and does not have network settings that may be customised. It pours when it rains!
Quick Instructions for Using a VPN with Chromecast
- Determine the type of router you have.
- Choose a VPN service that works with your router.
- Sign up for a VPN and follow the setup instructions.
- Set up the VPN on your router according to the instructions.
- Launch the Chromecast app and connect to a server to watch Now TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to use a VPN with Now TV Chromecast?
Yes, all you have to do is choose a VPN that is compatible with your router and capable of streaming TV series and movies. Then, on your router, set up the VPN so that you can use it with your Chromecast.
Is it possible to use a free VPN with a Chromecast?
With your Chromecast, you may use a free VPN. All you have to do now is make sure it works with your router. Free VPNs, on the other hand, are less secure and are more liable to be blocked by streaming services.
Will Now TV be available in Ireland?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. NOW TV is presently only accessible in the United Kingdom. To conceal your location, you can utilise a VPN service.
Is it possible to use Smart DNS with Chromecast?
Smart DNS isn’t compatible with any Chromecast device, unfortunately. This is because, even if you enable your router to utilise your VPN’s Smart DNS function, the Chromecast is built to only speak with Google’s DNS servers.
Is there a way to acquire a free trial of Now TV?
Yes. The free trial, on the other hand, is contingent on the premium membership options you select.