If you’re a Sky TV user you already know what Sky Go is and if not well then you’re in for a surprise! Sky Go is a huge library filled with content from your Sky TV subscription. So, if you have a Sky TV subscription you can download the Sky Go application on multiple devices like Android, iOS, Apple TV and even Firestick to get access to all the Sky TV content. That includes around 300+ channels all available on your device.
For the people who aren’t Sky TV subscribers, you can now also enjoy all the Sky Go perks without having to pay for the package. You can purchase the monthly ticket and can enjoy all the Sky Go features as well! Not only that, but Sky Go also has lots of on-demand TVs as well so you can watch it anywhere you want. You can connect Sky Go on six devices at once. Since it’s available on multiple streaming platforms it’s very accessible. You can also watch it on FireStick! So if you’re wondering how to watch Sky Go on FireStick, don’t leave yet!
Guide To Watch Sky Go On FireStick
If you’re a FireStick user and want to know how you can watch Sky Go on FireStick then you’re at the right place! There are two ways you can download and install Sky Go on your FireStick so let’s have a look at these methods.
The first method is a direct download method where you can download the Sky Go app directly from the Amazon Store.
- Open the FireStick home screen and go to Search by clicking the magnifying glass.
- By using the virtual keyboard, type Sky Go
- From the suggested options choose Sky Go and click Get to install it.
- After it finishes installing, open the Sky Go app and then sign in.
- Now you should be able to access all the Sky Go content on your FireStick.
You can also use this method to install Sky Go even if you’re not from the UK. You only need to tweak a few steps and you’ll be done!
- Download or sign up for a VPN
- Connect to a UK based server
- Connect the VPN to your router
- Now follow the same steps as above and you’ll be able to enjoy Sky Go even outside of the UK.
However, there have been complaints that the direct download method is not working for a lot of people and is showing errors due to which it’s recommended that they follow the second method.
Using A Third-Party Source:
If you’re having an issue with the direct download from Amazon Store then it’s advised you follow this guide. You will need to download a third-party source on your Firestick that will allow you to get Sky Go on your FireStick. For that, you will first need to allow the installation of unknown resources. Follow the steps below to see how you can do that.
- Launch FireStick and then go to Settings
- Click on My Fire TV, and you will get a few options
- Scroll down to select Developer Options
- Now from the options go to Apps From Unknown Resources and press the center button on your remote.
- After that you will see a pop-up warning, just click on Turn On and that’s it.
You can now install third-party sources on your FireStick. Always make sure to be very careful installing third-party sources because sometimes they can be harmful to your device. Now let’s see how to install Sky Go on FireStick.
- After successfully enabling Unknown Resources, go to the FireStick home screen.
- Go to Search and type Downloader
- Click on the app with the orange icon and click on the Download button.
- After it finishes installing, launch the app and allow all the permissions.
- Now you will see a window pop up with an HTTP attribute. Add the following link https://firesticklab.com/skygo.apk and click Go.
- After this, the Sky Go app will start downloading.
- When it’s done downloading, launch the app and sign in to access all the Sky Go content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sky Go Free To Use?
If you have a subscription to Sky TV then yes, Sky Go is free to use. If not then you will either need to pay for the Sky TV subscription or buy the monthly ticket available on the Sky Go app.
Which Devices Can I Use Sky Go On?
You can use Sky Go on your Apple TV, Smart TV, Android, iOS, Roku, FireStick, Xbox, etc.
Which Countries Sky Go Is Available In?
Sky TV and Sky Go are currently only available in the UK and Ireland. You can still access them by using a VPN.