Wondering how to watch Sky Go on Roku? Wonderful, you have landed in an ideal place! Sky Group is the founder of Sky Go which was launched to serve the people with their content. Sky TV viewers are lucky ones. Because they get to access Sky Go 200 plus live TV channels for free. Sky Go gives access to Sky Channels of various categories including Movies, Sports, News, Kids’ Channels, documentaries, and a lot more. And the channels consist of Sky Cinema Family, Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Witness, Sky Nature, Sky History, Sky Documentaries, Sky News, and so on. The Sky Go app is only available on Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows Desktop. However, the Sky Go app is not compatible with very few smart TVs or any other streaming devices. Therefore you cannot download the Sky Go app on Roku. But that wouldn’t halt you from screen mirroring your smartphone or PC to watch Sky Go on Roku.
Unfortunately, Sky Go’s access is only restricted to UK citizens so if you try to watch it overseas and want to enjoy the latest episode of Stranger Things, the service will pop up a location error instead which is due to geo-blocks and copy-right licensing issues.
But hold your grip and let us enlighten you on ways to watch Sky Go on Roku as it is capable of connecting to six devices at a time!
How to Watch Sky Go on Roku
You cannot download the Sky Go app on your Roku from the Roku Channel Store. It’s none like Firestick, you cannot sideload Sky Go on Roku. So the only method available is to either use a VPN for abroad services or screen mirror your Android, iOS smartphone, or computer to the Roku and watch the contents on your TV. First of all, let’s discuss how to enable screen mirroring on Roku and set the device ready.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
If you are using older versions of Roku, you need to update Roku firmware to the latest version without any further delay. Here are the simple steps to screen mirror;
- Turn on your Roku and connect it to the internet.
- Press the home button on the given Roku remote.
- Then, choose Settings from the home screen.
- On the Settings screen, select the System option.
- Now, select the Screen Mirroring Mode and choose Always Allow or Prompt
- You can choose Screen Mirroring devices and choose which devices you want to allow and which you want to block.
Use a VPN to Watch Sky Go on Roku
Roku is a compatible device with Sky Go outside the UK with quick connectivity, and movies are broadcasted without any complicated steps. Follow these steps to do so;
- Download and install a reliable VPN and connect it to your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect to the UK server.
- Now insert your Roku stick into your smart TV through the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and select Sky Go on your Roku home screen and enjoy!
How to Cast Sky Go to Roku From Android Devices
You can mirror your Android phone to Roku. Android mobiles have a built-in screen mirroring option to extend the contents of the mobile to the TV. Use the following steps to screen mirror your Android phone to the Roku device. But beforehand, download the Sky Go app on your Android mobile from Play Store.
- Make sure to connect your Android phone and Roku device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the Android phone, go to Settings.
- Search Cast, or try searching any of the terms given in the box inside the Settings.
- Choose the Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Click Start Now on the pop-up warning.
- Now, open the Sky Go app and start playing the videos which you want to watch on the Roku-connected TV and you are good to go!
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku from Windows PC
Firstly, you need to add the Roku device to your Windows PC. Secondly, Download the Sky Go app on your Windows PC from the Sky Go website. Launch and log in to your account. Here is how you can do it;
- Open the Action Center on your PC. Next, click on the Notifications icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Click the connect option and then choose your Roku device
- Allow your desktop to start the screen mirroring to Roku TV.
- Now, open the Sky Go app on your PC and play your favorite shows. And done!
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go to Roku Using iOS Devices
Download the Sky Go app on your iOS device from the App Store and then enable the Airplay option. Follow these steps;
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and Roku under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe down on the screen or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select your Roku device from the list.
- Now, your iPhone will be mirrored to the Roku TV.
- Open the Sky Go app, and you will find your iOS screen on your TV screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Watch Sky Go In The USA?
Yes, you can use any authorized VPN service to watch Sky Go in the USA.
Does Sky Go Work On Firestick?
Yes, you will have to download a VPN, install it, and select a UK server for watching Sky Go outside the UK on Firestick.
How much does Sky Go cost?
Sky Go is free to the Sky TV subscribers as it comes included in the package.