In recent years, the online platform has become one of the most famous platforms for entertainment. Google Chromecast is an electronic device that is used to cast your Smartphone or computer screen on your TV. On the other hand, Sky Go is a service that allows you to watch Sky Go that has 70+ British and international entertainment, sports, movies, kids, news, documentary channels, along with tons of movies, such as your favorite Game of Thrones, TV shows, and catch-up episodes on-demand. You can stream Sky Go on your Mac, Windows, Android, Xbox, Playstation, iPad, and iPhone. If you are eager to stream on a large screen, you can also use Google Chromecast to cast Sky Go on your Smart TV.
However, unluckily, the service is only accessible to the citizens of New Zealand and Ireland which means you can’t enjoy your favorite documentaries on your holidays due to geo-restrictions and copy-right licensing issues.
So if you want to know how to connect to Sky Go through Chromecast, keep on reading!
How to Chromecast Sky Go – 3 Methods
As we know Sky Go is not well-suited to Chromecast, so we have to practice mirror methods to watch Sky Go on Chromecast. There are three methods by which you can cast Sky Go on your TV using Chromecast.
- Using a VPN
- Screen Mirror Sky Go using a Smartphone.
- Using Chrome from PC
Watch Sky Go through Chromecast Via VPN
Luckily, if you are in Europe, the US – or any other country outside of the UK and Ireland – and wish to access Sky Go, you can effortlessly do it with a reliable VPN. A Virtual Private Network, VPN encrypts your device’s internet traffic and routes it through an intermediate server in a location that you decide to pick. By connecting to a VPN server in the UK, you are assigned a UK IP address which gives you access to geo-locked content, including the Sky Go.
Here is how you can connect to Sky Go through Chromecast to VPN,
- First, sign up for one of the good quality VPNs
- Download and install the VPN software on your device or organize your router to use the VPN.
- Choose a server in the UK, and connect.
- Clear your cookies and refresh the page with the content you want to watch
- Enjoy the show!
Screen Mirror Sky Go Using a Smartphone
We can easily screen mirror Sky Go using a smartphone, following these simple steps:
- Plugin Chromecast to the HDMI cord of your smartphone on which you want to cast the Sky Go.
- You have to connect both Chromecast and phone to the same WiFi network.
- Now go to setting.
- Search for “BlueTooth & Devices Connection”.
- After opening, Click on “Connection preferences”.
- Here you will find the “Cast” option, click on it to cast your screen.
- Now you can select the Chromecast device on which you want to cast your screen.
- A pop-up notice will appear showing the warning screen for the Screen Mirroring option. Click the Start Now option to start casting your screen.
- Now you can open the Sky Go application on the phone and enjoy the big screen.
Watch Chromecast Sky Go Using Chrome on a PC
This method is relatively simpler than the screen mirroring process. The major advantage of using a PC method over the phone casting method is that you can also minimize the tab on your screen and can do other stuff on PC too. Here is how you can do it;
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Now open Sky Go on your Chrome.
- Play any video that you are willing to cast.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner of the webpage.
- After clicking on dots, now you have to click on the “cast” option.
- List of available devices, select your Chromecast device.
- Now you can enjoy Sky Go!
Other Streaming Services Available on Chromecast
The video streaming market is full of services, which means viewers have a lot of options to choose from. You can access these streaming platforms through a Chromecast:
- Disney Plus
- Amazon Prime Video
- HBO Max
- Paramount Plus
Frequently Asked Question
What is the difference between Sky Go and Sky Go Extra?
Sky Go Extra is an addition to Sky Go, or in other words, Sky Go Extra is a premium version of Sky Go. In Sky Go Extra, you can download movies and television shows to a laptop or any other device.
Can I stream Sky Go outside of the United Kingdom?
Yes, you can stream Sky Go outside of the United Kingdom also, but, you will have to use a trustworthy VPN.
Does Sky Go work on a Firestick?
Yes! A Sky Go app is available directly from Amazon on the Fire TV Stick’s built-in app store. From the home screen, just click the magnifying glass icon and click on the “Sky Go”. It should appear as the top result. Select it and click the Get button to install the Sky Go app on Firestick.