If you religiously like to watch sports especially Premier League, Cricket, or Formula One, Sky Sports is the channel you need. However, unfortunately, if you live outside of the UK or Ireland you will be unable to access it because it’s geo-restricted and only available in those two countries. However, don’t get disheartened because this blog will guide you exactly how to get Sky Sports in the US or abroad.
How To Watch Sky Sports Using a VPN
The easiest way to access sports if you live outside the UK is by using a VPN. VPN will show your location as the United Kingdom and you can watch Sky Sports without being blocked. Follow the simple steps below to see how VPN works.
- Register for a VPN that provides a UK server.
- Download and install the VPN on your phone or PC.
- Connect to the VPN servers in the UK.
- Register for a NOW membership to watch and stream Sky Sports channels.
- And that’s it! Now you can enjoy Sports without any interruption.
If you prefer to watch online streams instead then you can check out the following platforms that stream Sports online.
- NOW – It’s an online streaming service that’ll cost you £25/ month.
- Sky Go – A free streaming website for Sky TV subscribers.
- Virgin TV Go – This is another free streaming site for Virgin TV users.
Best Streaming Devices to Watch Sky Sports Live Online
If you’re wanting to watch sports through the NOW app on Roku then all you need to do is follow the steps below!
- Download a VPN and set it up on your router.
- Now choose a UK server.
- Sign in to Roku by using a UK account and head to the Roku Channel Store.
- Now you need to click on TV & Video > NOW app > Add channel
- Sign in to your NOW app and you’re done! You can now enjoy all the sports events on Roku
If you’re an Apple TV owner and want to enjoy Sky network, simply follow the steps below to see how to set up the network on Apple TV.
- First, you will need to download and set up a VPN on your router.
- Go for the ‘UK’ server. Connect your Apple TV to the router.
- Now head to the App Store and download the NOW app.
- After installation is finished, launch the app to enjoy all sports events and matches on your Apple TV.
Sky Sports Subscriptions and Packages
Before seeing how you can get Sky Sports in the US let’s first look at sports features and packages and see if it’s even worth getting.
If you love the Premier League then you have hit the jackpot! The network streams more than 100 matches of the Premier League. Not only that, but it also is a great option for Formula 1 lovers as Sports show all the races of the season. Along with that, you can find other sports like golf, American football, rugby, horse riding, etc. Making it one of the best sports channels out there.
Sky Sports costs around £41/per month, which is quite reasonable if you look at the coverage it provides. This is on an 18-month contract and will also offer you the TV and Sky-dish-fed sports. This means you can watch sports on your smartphone and other devices as well.
You can also get Sports by paying a rolling charge of £9.99 to Now. This is per day or you can go for the 3-month subscription and it’ll cost you £25 for 11 sports channels that you can use on up to six devices.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Sky Sports available in the US?
Unfortunately, Sky Sports is only available in the UK and Ireland. If you want to watch Sports in the US you will need to use a VPN.
Is Sky Sports free?
No, Sky Sports is a subscription-based channel that can cost you £25 / month through the NOW app.
Can I watch the Premier League on Sky Sports?
Yes. All 100 matches and more of the Premier League are available to stream on Sky Sports.