The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium is one of the most famous and well-known venues in the football and sports world. It is a stunning site to place to see for anyone, not just football fans. At Santiago Bernabeu, the Real Madrid vs Barcelona match will take place on 16th October 2022 for La Liga.
This stadium has witnessed some of the greatest events in modern football, as it is home to Real Madrid FC the most successful and sought-after team in Europe and possibly the best football club to have ever played the sport.
Home to Real Madrid FC
Since its completion in 1947, the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium has been home to the Galacticos and has gone on to become one of the world’s most famous footballing facilities. Many of the world’s finest football players, including Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, Sanchez, Ramos, Kaká, and Cristiano have had the honor of calling the Santiago Bernabeu stadium “home.”
This ground is truly a dream address for all footballers (except Barcelona fans, of course). Every bit of it exudes the greatness and legacy that is Real Madrid. Stepping into this stadium is stepping into the history of not only Real Madrid but also the world’s most popular sport, football.
Interesting Facts about the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium
- The stadium is named after Santiago Bernabeu de Yeste, a former Real Madrid striker and club president from 1943 to 1978.
- The Santiago Bernabeu is the 14th largest football stadium in the world and the 4th largest in Europe, with a seating capacity of 81,044.
- This stadium hosted the Champions League (formerly known as the European Cup) final four times: in 1957, 1969, 1980, and 2010. It also hosted the 1982 World Cup Final, making it the first stadium to hold a UEFA European Championship as well as a World Cup final.
- Surprisingly, the stadium began with a capacity of 75,145, then increased to 125,000 before being reduced to 81,044 following substantial renovations and reconstructions.
Must visit the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium Tour
Going on a tour of the Santiago Bernabeu for a football fan, especially a Real Madrid supporter, is like going on vacation. This experience, however, is not limited to football fans!
In reality, the Real Madrid Stadium tour is the third most popular thing to do in Madrid, with over 1 million enthusiastic fans visiting each year. Here are a few reasons why you should take the Santiago Bernabeu Tour on your next trip to Madrid:
- Football is loved by the Spanish people and having a club like Real Madrid is a perfect example of the passions they have.
- Basically, in Madrid, football is considered as ‘their’ culture. Hence going on a tour of Santiago Bernabeu marks the importance.
- Real Madrid is one of the world’s most successful clubs in terms of trophies and competitions won. Winning the record 33 La Liga crowns and an incredible 13 UEFA Champions League titles.
- They are the only team to have won the Champions League three years in a row, an accomplishment that will undoubtedly be remembered for decades.
Tickets for the Santiago Bernabeu – Real Madrid vs Barcelona Match
Below is the availability and prices of the tickets for the Real Madrid vs Barcelona match at the Santiago Bernabeu.
|Sections and Categories||Prices|
|Category 1 Premium||$896/per ticket|
|Section: 303 – Category 1 Premium||$1003/per ticket|
|Category 2 Long Side||$821/per ticket|
|Section: 520 – Category 2 Behind the Goal||$624/per ticket|
|Section: Category 3||$616/per ticket|
|Section: VIP||$2,164/per ticket|
Journey of the Stadium
The Santiago Bernabeu tour provides a behind-the-scenes look at Real Madrid as well as the opportunity to revisit and experience the club’s past, present, and future. The tour begins brilliantly with a beautiful view of the Bernabeu from the stadium’s highest position.
This is the best perspective of the entire arena, almost touching the sky. Then, proceed to the club room, where you will be led on an active, multimedia trip through the history of the great club. Here are the next few highlights of the Santiago Bernabeu Tour.
Reaching the Stadium
- Metro: The stadium is best reached by Metro Line 10. You can stop at the Santiago Bernabeu station, which lies right next to the stadium. This is the easiest and most convenient way of reaching the stadium
- Bus: If you’re coming to the stadium via the public bus, you can take the following lines – 14, 27 40, 43, 120, 126, 147 and 150.
- Train: The closest train station to the Bernabeu is Nuevos Ministerios. From here, it is a short 7 minute walk to the stadium.