Qatar will host the World Cup for the first time in just a few days. An estimated 1.5 million spectators will travel to the nation to witness some of the world’s finest players fight for football’s ultimate reward. However, this World Cup is about more than the players. Thousands of individuals have been working hard behind the scenes to put this World Cup in shape, with over 20,000 volunteers from over 160 nations eager to participate in the nation’s biggest sporting event. Being a FIFA World Cup 2022 Volunteer is an opportunity unlike any other.
The FIFA World Cup Volunteer Programme will be Qatar’s “Largest Volunteer Activation“. The World Cup will be the biggest tournament in Qatar beginning in November 2022. FIFA Volunteers will be able to work at FIFA, planning meetings and handling different responsibilities. In this article, we will discuss all the details about the FIFA Volunteering Program!
About the FIFA World Cup 2022 Volunteer
During a special event at the open air theatre in Katara Cultural Village in Doha, FIFA announced the start of registration for participation in the Volunteer Program for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. 20,000 volunteers will operate in 45 functional areas across the tournament’s official and unofficial venues, including stadiums, training facilities, airports, fan zones, hotels, and public transit hubs. A complete team of volunteers working very hard behind every ticket, every TV ad, every match, and every goal, are a vital part of the process that will allow us to enjoy the fun and friendly environment of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, and will give significant help in executing Operations during the most renowned sporting event.
|No. of Volunteers||20,000|
|Event||FIFA World Cup|
|Dates||November 21 until December 18|
How to apply for FIFA World Cup 2022 volunteering?
For the 2022 FIFA Worldcup Volunteer program, candidates need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Filling out the registration form – at this step you fill out the form to create an account and register on the portal.
- Step 2: Verify your account and select the tournament (FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR 2022) to participate in volunteering.
- Step 3: Here you need to fill out the online application form.
- Step 4: After filling out the online application form, you need to take on the ‘Trials’. Trials are online exercises to test your basic skills.
- Step 5: After completing the ‘Trials’ you will need to book your face-to-face interview.
- Step 6: After booking your slot, you will need to attend the interview for a sit-down discussion.
- Step 7: Role offer; at this stage after the interview, you will be offered a role based on your performance. The final decision of what your role will rest with the volunteer team.
The next steps involved are as below and will be followed based on your selection.
- Step 8: Shift selection
- Step 9: Training
- Step 10: Uniform & Accreditation
- Step 11: Tournament Time
What are the different stages of volunteering?
- Application form
- Take on the trials
- Role offer
- Shift selection
- Uniform & Accreditation
- Tournament time
Required Skills for being the FIFA World Cup 2022 volunteer
- The ability to deal with others and communicate with them well.
- Desire to work together.
- Accept tasks in a positive spirit.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment and dedication.
- Enthusiasm and positivity
What are the conditions to apply for FIFA World Cup 2022 volunteering?
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are 17, you can still register as long as you become 18 by October 1, 2022.
- You must be available for at least ten shifts during the event.
- You should be fluent in English, and knowledge of Arabic is a benefit.
Benefits of being a FIFA World Cup 2022 volunteer
- The FIFA World Cup 2022 will take place from 20 November to 18 December, but some volunteer roles will start from 1 October.
- Selected volunteers will receive a limited-edition Adidas uniform
- One meal for each eight-hour shift. You’ll receive two meals if your shift is longer than eight hours.
- Qatar offers visa-free entry for nationals of over 80 countries. Organizers are working with local partners to guarantee entry for volunteers from other countries, but this might vary with each event.
- Both Male and Female applicants can apply.
- Free transportation within Qatar.
- Volunteers will have at least one day off every seven days.
FIFA World Cup 2022 Volunteer: The Opportunity of a Lifetime
Being able to volunteer at the FIFA World Cup 2022 is an opportunity unlike any other. Visualize the waves of colour that greet the visiting supporters, the 60,000 people singing, and the moment of silence before a penalty kick. Now picture yourself in the thick of it. 20,000 volunteers from the local community worked together to organise one of the biggest sporting events of all time. You’ll be a part of one team, one worldwide community, one large football family, sharing one incredible experience.
Read More: The Best Comebacks in the FIFA World Cup