Want to watch BBC iPlayer on Android TV? No worries! You’ve clicked on the right link. In this article, you’ll find everything you need, from setting up a VPN to installing the BBC iPlayer application on your Android TV and then watching it from your home alone or even with your family members or friends.
BBC iPlayer is an excellent service for streaming live sports, which every sports lover needs, right? There are plenty of choices of sports events such as Football, Cricket, Rugby, Formula One, Horse Racing, and much more. And want to know what the best part is? There’s no need to purchase a subscription!
However, if you’re not residing in the UK, you need to find a suitable VPN for yourself to access the wonderful sports content. Let’s look at ways how you can install a VPN and download the BBC iPlayer application on your Android TV regardless of your location.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Android TV from Anywhere
Since the BBC iPlayer has a strange history with the Android TV, it has only allowed installation on a few certified devices. But that isn’t a problem anymore since you can always download an APK if the application is not available on the Playstore. We know this may seem like a long way to go about things, but trust us, you’ll figure out it’s easy once you’re done with it. First, let’s look at how you can download a VPN that will hardly take 5-10 minutes out of your day. Then we will move on to installing BBC iPlayer on an Android TV.
Steps to using a VPN
- Start searching for a suitable VPN and analyze different factors such as speed, reliability, cost, and how it affects your internet connection.
- Once you’re done with the research, make sure to download it from a reliable source.
- When the installation has been completed, click on the VPN app and wait for it to launch. This will hardly take a few seconds.
- Sign up or log in using your credentials if necessary.
- Connect to the desired server, preferably the UK, since the service is only available there.
Installing BBC iPlayer on Android TV
- You may not find the BBC iPlayer application on the Playstore, so to get started, visit a safe APK website from your Android TV. The most reliable one is apkmirror.com.
- When the webpage has loaded, type “BBC iPlayer” in the search bar.
- Download the APK according to the version.
- If the APK is not being downloaded, make sure you have selected “install applications from unknown sources”; otherwise, you can face a problem.
- The application will now be available in the installed apps menu.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer Live on Android TV Seamlessly
Now that you know how to install a VPN and download the BBC iPlayer application on Android TV, you are more than ready to watch the BBC iPlayer from your Android TV. Please follow these steps to complete the process:
- Make sure you’re still connected to the VPN.
- Open the BBC iPlayer application from the installed apps menu.
- The application will be launched, and the main homepage will be shown.
- There will be a sign-up or log-in option available. Choose what you want to do.
- If you’ve chosen sign-up, ensure to enter the right details and accept the terms of the BBC iPlayer application.
- If you’ve decided to log in, make sure you’re using the right credentials.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully unlocked the BBC iPlayer application, and you’re ready to enjoy all your favorite sports.
What are the Subscription Charges?
The reason why the BBC iPlayer application is an ideal platform for all sports lovers is because there are no subscription charges. It’s absolutely free, which is why it is one of the most recommended sports applications out there. To get started, sometimes you may need a license, but other than that, the whole process is quite simple.
Why Is There A Need to Use VPN to Watch BBC iPlayer Live from Anywhere?
One should use a VPN to watch sports live-streams from the BBC iPlayer application because this service is only available in the UK. So if you’re residing in any other country, you need to configure VPN settings to access the huge selection of sports ranging from Cricket, Cycling, Football, Rugby, and so much more. The VPN helps to trick the system into believing you’re residing in a certain country when you’re actually somewhere else. Just go for a reasonable one, and you’ll be able to enjoy all the content!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BBC iPlayer available in the US?
No, the BBC iPlayer is not available in the US. You need a VPN to access the content.
Is it possible to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Android TV?
Yes, it’s surely possible to use VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Android TV. Just download an APK from a reliable source because you don’t want any sort of virus to ruin your experience.
Is a VPN safe to use?
Yes, a VPN is extremely safe to use as long as you’re using a reliable one.
Can I stream my favorite sports using BBC iPlayer?
Yes, you’ll be able to stream your favorite sports using BBC iPlayer. Trust us; you won’t regret your decision!
How is the streaming quality?
The streaming quality is amazing, but it depends on your internet connection. If your internet connection is stable, there will be no hindrances in your way.