Do you know that the BBC iPlayer is the UK’s most popular on-demand and live streaming service? That allows you to Binge-watch live TV channels, listen to recorded and live radio broadcasts, catch up on missed TV episodes and programs, and explore other exclusive content. Are you concerned about how to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi? Don’t worry; we have got your back!
The video Kodi add-on iPlayer WWW allows you to see British content on your device. The BBC add-on enables you to watch all live TV channels accessible on the BBC network. They’re available in 720p or 1080p formats to stream. The key benefit of the iPlayer WWW plugin is that it provides free streaming of all media.
Here in this article, our editorial team will guide you step-by-step so that you can stream the BBC iPlayer content smoothly:
How To Install And Stream BBC iPlayer On Kodi
The BBC iPlayer offers a diverse selection of TV episodes, movies, documentaries, news, and sports for your viewing pleasure. However, you must first install the official add-on before you can use it to watch your favorite British content:
- Open Kodi V17 and go to the Add-ons menu on the home screen.
- In the top left corner, click the Package symbol.
- Choose Install from Repository from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Kodi Add-on repository from the list.
- Select Video add-ons now.
- Choose iPlayer WWW from the drop-down menu.
- At the bottom right, click Install.
- PLEASE WAIT while BBC iPlayer is being downloaded and installed on your Kodi.
- Once it has been successfully installed, you will receive a confirmation notification.
Choose a VPN to Stream BBC iPlayer on Kodi
If you live in the UK, this is all you’ll need to start watching BBC iPlayer material on Kodi. However, if you live somewhere else in the world and wish to use the same service, you’ll need to use a compatible virtual private network (VPN) and connect to a UK server:
But before you buy a subscription, think about the speed, the number of connections, torrent support, and no-logs privacy. After you choose a reliable VPN, all you have to do now is:
- Download a trusted VPN and connect to a server in the UK.
- You’re ready to start streaming iPlayer material once you’ve connected.
- In Kodi, open the iPlayer WWW add-on and select from the menu.
- Select the appropriate menu item from the drop-down menu to watch live television.
- You will now access BBC live on any of the BBC’s live channels.
Why Do You Need a VPN To Watch BBC iPlayer On Kodi
Many Kodi add-ons are geo-restricted which may only be used in specific regions. You’ll have to spoof your real location to get around these digital restrictions and access content on any Kodi add-on.
This is where a Virtual Private Network takes the charge. It lets you change your virtual location to any country globally, allowing you to access any Kodi add-ons and their content without interruption.
You will not be able to stream from outside the United States. Similarly, an error message will pop up while using iPlayer WWW – BBC iPlayer’s official Kodi add-on – to watch a TV show.
At the end of the article, you must know that when setting up the BBC iPlayer add-on on Kodi, that’s all there. When you pair it with a reliable VPN, you’re in for a once-in-a-lifetime streaming experience.
Frequently Asked Question
How Do I Watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi?
iPlayer WWW is a free live TV and on-demand add-on that provides you access to BBC iPlayer programs worldwide. This add-on is available for download through the official Kodi Add-ons Repository. To use this add-on, you must first create a free BBC account at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer.
How much does the BBC iPlayer cost each month?
Although the BBC iPlayer is a free-to-watch service, keep in mind that your mobile network may charge you some for data usage.
How do I unblock BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside the UK?
BBC iPlayer is free to access in the UK, but if you live outside or travel anywhere else, you must subscribe to a premium VPN to stream BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside the UK.