If you’ve been struggling to set up your BBC iPlayer on Roku account on your device, you’ve come to the right place! BBC iPlayer is a popular streaming UK- based video-on-demand service from BBC which you can use to catch up on live TV and watch movies, live sports, shows, and much more on the web that is exclusive to the platform. The service is available on a vast range of devices, including mobile phones, tablets, personal computers, and smart televisions.
For subscribed viewers, following within the UK’s borders is no issue, however, if you are abroad and craving to watch the Peaky Blinders Season 6, you will soon hear a beep delivering an error word that only UK residents can complete the aired show because of content geo-restrictions and copy-right agreements.
Except, of course, you have a solution to every problem! You just have to route your internet connection through a UK server so your existent location is hidden from BBC iPlayer and it assumes it’s showing up Doctor Who or EastEnders to a viewer in the UK. A VPN is a device that does this task to allow you to watch BBC iPlayer everywhere in the world!
Why Do You Need A Vpn To Watch BBC iplayer On Roku
Your internet connection has your public IP address. And streaming services like Eurosport and BBC iPlayer have a secret IP address tracking system to block the operators who are trying to access the content outside of Europe.
Therefore, if you are using a VPN, it will allow you to alter your local IP address to a European IP address which will successfully unblock the BBC iPlayer. So Basically, you are tricking the platform into believing that you are living somewhere in the UK which will allow you to watch exciting shows via Roku
How To Watch BBC iPlayer Abroad On Roku
The BBC iPlayer Roku app is available in the Channel Store. However, to watch BBC on Roku abroad, you will require a British rooted account first. Follow these steps once you create a Roku UK account and have fun
- Start by resetting your Roku device.
- Now, configure a reliable VPN on your router and establish a VPN connection to a British server.
- Unify your Roku device with the TV and sign-up with your UK account.
- Now go to the Channel Store, search for BBC iPlayer, and install it.
- Once the iPlayer installs on Roku > Launch the app > Sign in to your account and enjoy it.
Note that after putting up A VPN on your router, make sure that the Roku is connected to the same router connection. Otherwise, iPlayer will not permit you to access the content.
BBC iPlayer Not Working With VPN On Roku: Quick Fixes
Even after using a VPN, if your BBC player is not working, these could be the causes:
- Streaming service has recognized and blocked all of the IP addresses your VPN can provide.
- Your VPN service will not be able to overcome geo-restrictions.
- The geo-limitations have been cramped and tightened.
Here are a few things you can try to get it working again:
- Delete your cookies as they might have revealed your IP address
- Connect to a different VPN server in the UK
- For aid, contact customer service for help
Screen Mirror BBC iPlayer From Android
If you have an unsupported Roku model, you could play BBC I Player content by screen mirroring it from Android devices. Enable screen mirroring mode on Roku and then follow these steps.
- On your Android device, go to Settings and find the Cast option. On most devices, you can find it under the connection settings.
- Tap it and the nearby device connected to the same network will occur on your screen.
- Choose your Roku device and allow permission to mirror your mobile screen.
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and stream the content that you want. It will mirror the TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to access BBC iPlayer on Roku outside the UK?
The answer is no! It is impossible to install and access BBC iPlayer on Roku or any other streaming device outside the UK. The geo-restriction created by BBC is very strong to bypass.
Why can’t I get BBC iPlayer on Roku?
If you’re a non-European resident, you can’t access BBC iPlayer on the Roku channel store. If you live in the UK, update your Roku and then search for the app again.
Is BBC iPlayer Free?
Bbc Iplayer is completely free of cost; just subscribe to a more trusted VPN and create an account on the BBC iPlayer website to start streaming your favorite TV shows online.
Do I Need Internet Connection for BBC iPlayer?
Yes, you do need an internet connection to use BBC iPlayer. Some versions of the BBC iPlayer do allow you to download programs for a few days so that you can watch them offline later.
Is BBC iPlayer Available in the USA?
No, but you can watch BBC I Player in the USA if you use a good-quality VPN meaning Virtual Private Network.