Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton is a British racing driver who was born on January 7, 1985. He now drives for Mercedes in Formula 1, after previously driving for McLaren from 2007 to 2012.
Hamilton is mixed race but identifies himself as black. He is the sole child of Anthony Hamilton, a black British man, and Carmen Larbalestier, a white British woman.
When Lewis Hamilton met McLaren team manager Ron Dennis at an award ceremony in 1995, he launched himself on the route to Formula One. “Hi,” the nine-year-old remarked as he approached Dennis and asked for his autograph. Hello, my name is Lewis Hamilton. I won the British championship, and I hope to race your cars one day.”
F1 champion Lewis will use his mother’s maiden name, ‘Larbalestier,’ as a middle name in honor of her. He said that he will change his surname to incorporate his mother’s maiden name. Since the British F1 driver doesn’t completely comprehend the concept that a woman’s name is lost when she marries.
7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton further says:
“I am really proud of my family’s name. My mum’s name is Larbalestier and I’m just about to put that in my name,” said Hamilton. “I really want her name to continue on with the Hamilton name.”
Pre-Season Testing 2022 Updates & Controversies
Bahrain hosts the first round of the 2022 formula 1 World Championship.
- Pierre Gasly and Lewis Hamilton dueled on the final morning of pre-season testing where Gasly also received a peek of Hamilton’s Mercedes and commented on it. “We know that we have a lot of work to do on our end to increase performance and car balance. But it was evident to me that Lewis was struggling as well, and I believe both have work to do if they want to compete at the top”
- He also expressed his displeasure by adding “I believe the conclusion is that Mercedes do not appear to be as good as they once did”.
- After the testing, the Petrona clan also stated. “I believe Ferrari is the fastest, followed by Red Bull, McLaren and then us”.
- On the first morning of Bahrain’s Official Pre-Season Test, Mercedes also showed their substantially redesigned W13 challenger. Displaying the car’s drastically slimmed-down side pods and reworked floor.
- Mercedes struggled with bouncing issues on their all-new W13 in the 2022 preseason.
- Verstappen set the quickest time of the day on the penultimate day of Bahrain’s Official Pre-Season Test. Hamilton told reporters: “At the moment, I don’t think we will be challenging for wins.”
Lewis Hamilton is still chasing a record-breaking 8th Formula 1 World Championship in 2022, after equaling Michael Schumacher’s total of 7th in 2020.
Lewis continued to set milestones in 2021, becoming the first driver in the sport’s history to win 100 races and win 100 pole positions.
After some questions about his participation following the contentious end of the previous campaign. He returned for the new season of motor racing in 2022. Let’s see who will be first on the ground and who will be last when the lights go out in Bahrain on March 20!