The Red Devils suffered a backlash after a humiliating 4-1 defeat to local rivals. Cristiano couldn’t play in the big derby due to a hip injury at the Etihad Stadium after picking up the issue in training on Friday.
Even after the Reds signing Cristinao Ronaldo, Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane last summer, have failed to consistently deliver what was expected of them.
The results were pretty devastating for the season; Metropolis 6 Manchester United 1. CR7 has been used as a human shield for the failings of the club. His absence proved that there are more problems whether Ronaldo is playing or NOT!
As Martin Samuel already said: ‘Manchester United are a club with 99 problems, but Ronaldo is only one. It isn’t the only element for them right now that is functioning as an elite team should’
Although Manchester United are not losing because of Ronaldo but they are no longer even winning because of him. It’s pretty simple, he’s a big player, and makes big news whatever he does!
It’s clear, there are more problems at Old Trafford than simply whether CR7 is playing or not. Nevertheless, they tried it with him on the list, defeated by 2, tried it without him, defeated by 3. Hands down to this, losing or winning he surely is an IMPACT!
The Problems with The Modern United:
The club has attracted criticism for a variety of different reasons this season. Red Devils former captain Roy Keane has addressed the fundamental issues that have impacted the club’s progress this season.
Some MAJOR Issues!
- United’s lack of elite talent in the center defensive-minded midfield has impacted them massively this season and it has become a blazing weakness of the club now.
- The weak performances of the players are one of the main causes. Players like Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay are not performing to the United’s standards.
- In Addition, Golden Players like Cavani and Ronaldo are mostly unavailable due to injury.
- Meanwhile Ronaldo had to lead, but he is not the same anymore. His performance is falling and impacting the club as whole too as he had to show young athletes how to rise to the very top, and stay there.
- Furthermore, the club is becoming more commercialized. As now the club recruits on how the individual will play on social media, rather than in their team.
- Former United star Keane spotted the lack of quality in midfield quickly after just the second game of the Premier League season. He said: “There is not enough creativity, not enough quality and United will be disappointed with a draw, but let’s give credit to Southampton.”
- Players like Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford and Edinson Cavani are documented as ‘killing the mood‘ in the club’s camp.
- Moreover, managers and Legends seem very worried about the club’s position and recruiting parameters. Rangnick said: ‘Manchester United could not afford more mistakes in the transfer market. Given the size of the club this is almost always expensive’.
- The recruitment in the past few years has been dreadful.
- One of the most trending news has affected the club’s personal negativity. United’s forward player Greenwood has faced a charge of assault, rape, and threats to kill.
- The players like Rashford are required to fill the lacking gaps in controlled finishing.
- The club’s paramics have changed now. United used to forge great young players, now they fail them!
The club’s growth is not only declining but the Red Devils have also begun to lose faith, believing that the Portuguese Starboy is nearing the end of his powers. His longest drought since 2009 kicked when the king couldn’t score for his 6 consecutive matches including FA cup.
There is a possibility that players like Ronaldo and Paul Pogba won’t see their futures playing Europa League football. All seen and heard, it’s time for United to gather some courage and up their game or else it might end up against their will. Signing off!