Is BBC iPlayer US a thing? Yes, you can watch the platform in the US. Stay tuned!
BBC I Player is a free streaming service from BBC. It offers live as well catch up TV shows from all of BBC’s channels. However, it’s only available to the people living in the UK, so the people of the UK who are currently residing in other countries like the US or Germany will be unable to access BBC I Player. Though this is not something to worry about because it has a solution. So if you wanna know how to watch BBC I Player in the US, keep on reading.
BBC iPlayer is very accessible. It has all the BBC channels available here. It is also available on several different streaming platforms like Android, Apple TV, iOS, Chromecast, Roku, etc.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer In The US With A VPN
Since BBC iPlayer is only available for UK residents it’s quite hard for people from overseas to access it due to the geo-restrictions. However, that can be solved easily by simply using a VPN. VPN blocks and masks your location making it easy for you to access sites that are not usually available in your country. The same can happen with BBC I Player in the US. Follow the steps below to see how you can access it.
- Download or sign up for a VPN
- Choose the server to be ‘UK’
- Go to BBC iPlayer and enjoy! because now you can easily watch BBC iPlayer in the US.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer On Apple TV In The US
BBC iPlayer is also available on Apple TV among other platforms. So if you’re an Apple TV user wondering how you can watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV in the US, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download or sign up for a VPN
- Connect to your router after selecting the server to UK
- Now go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for BBC I Player in the search box.
- Click on the app and install
- Launch the app and make an account or log in to a pre-existing one.
- Now you can easily enjoy BBC I Player on Apple TV in the US.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer On Roku In The US
Roku is a streaming platform available in many different countries including the US so there’s a high chance several people in the US actually own Roku. So how to watch the platform on Roku in the US? Just follow the steps below!
- First, you need to download and sign up for a VPN
- Connect to your router and choose the server as the UK
- Now on your Roku, you need to make a new British account.
- First, delete the old one by Factory Reset.
- Go to Settings > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset
- After the factory reset is done you need to make a new account.
- Enter all your information and then the billing information.
- And you’re all set! Now all you need to do is sit back and enjoy BBC iPlayer on your Roku.
How To Use Chromecast With BBC iPlayer In The US
If you have Chromecast installed then you’ll be able to cast programs on your Chromecast device through the BBC iPlayer app. Follow the steps below to see how to use Chromecast with BBC iPlayer in the US.
- Download or sign up for a VPN.
- Connect it to your router and make sure you select the UK server.
- Both of your devices should be connected to the same Wifi.
- Now on your phone, you need to install the BBC iPlayer app and make an account.
- Play a video and click on the Cast button to connect to the Chromecast device.
- Select your device from the options and it will start playing on the device. That’s all! Now you can easily enjoy iPlayer through Chromecast in the US.
BBC iPlayer has been one of the most viewed channels in the sports streaming industry. Also many of them have the privilege’s to watch it for free as they reside in the United Kingdom. For that particular reason they are happy to watch the channel instantly without any geo-restrictions.
For people outside UK, they can use a VPN provider such as ExpressVPN(Highly-Recommended) to which they will be able to stream the channel outside UK instantly and enjoy more than 50+ sports on the go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BBC iPlayer Free to Use?
Yes. BBC I Player is a free streaming service that has all the BBC channels. It has live and catch-up TV shows.
Is the BBC platform Available in the US?
No. Unfortunately, BBC I Player is only available for UK residents. People from overseas will be unable to access BBC I Player because of geo-restrictions. However, you can still use a VPN to access it.
Can I Watch BBC iPlayer on Roku?
Yes. BBC I Player is available to stream on Roku as well as several other streaming platforms like Android, iOS, Apple TV, Xbox, Samsung Smart TV, etc.
What Can I Watch on BBC iPlayer?
BBC I Player is a streaming service from BBC. It has all BBC channels like BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News, etc.