BBC I Player is a free streaming service available in the UK that offers quality content that includes series, documentaries, movies and much more. BBC iPlayer has the live and tv shows from all the other BBC channels including BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC News, etc. However, there’s one thing that’s stopping it from gathering millions of viewers, the geo-restrictions. BBC iPlayer on Firestick can only be accessed by the people living in the UK, anyone outside of the UK will get an error saying the content is blocked and for UK residents only.
Other than that one downside, BBC iPlayer is amazing. It’s available on multiple devices making it really accessible. You can download the app and watch it on your Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Xbox, Smart TV. However, it’s not available on Amazon Firestick if you’re wondering. But don’t you worry cause there is a solution for it as well. So if you’re wondering how to watch BBC iPlayer on Firestick, don’t leave the page yet.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer On Firestick Outside UK
As you know, BBC iPlayer is only available in the UK and people outside the UK will be unable to access it. However, this can be solve just by using a VPN. Follow the instructions below to see how you can watch BBC iPlayer on your FireStick outside the UK.
- First, Download a VPN application on your FireStick
- Launch the application and connect it to the ‘United Kingdom’ server.
- Now go to the BBC iPlayer website on your phone or PC by also using a VPN and sign up for an account.
- Make sure to choose the country as ‘United Kingdom’ when signing up.
- Finish the process and then login to your account through FireStick.
- After installing the BBC iPlayer on your FireStick, you will see a screen with a code on opening it.
- Enter the code on https://bbc.com/account/tv and then click sign in.
- Now you will be able to watch BBC iPlayer on your Firestick even if you’re outside the UK.
How Can I Watch BBC Iplayer On Firestick?
Since BBC I Player is not available on the Amazon app store we have to download it through a different way. You will need to download the iPlayer APK that also works outside the UK. Follow the instructions below to see how you can download BBC I Player on your Firestick.
- First you need to go to your Firestick home screen and choose the Search option.
- Now search for the ‘Downloader’ app and install it
- After it’s finished installing, go back to the home screen and go to Settings.
- After Settings you need to go to My Fire TV and then Developer Options
- Now choose the ‘Install Unknown Apps’ option and choose the Downloader app and turn it on.
- Launch the app and go to the main screen where you will find a text box with a URL.
- Click on the box and change it with this URL: http://bit.ly/bipl2 and click GO.
- This will start downloading the application, wait for it to download and then click Install.
- Now the BBC I Player app is installed, click open to launch the app.
Now let’s see how you can set up a BBC iPlayer account on your Firestick.
- Open the BBC I Player app from Apps & Channels
- Click on the Sign in button.
- After that you will see a window on your Firestick with a code. Note down that code somewhere.
- Now on your phone or PC browser, go to https://bbc.com/account/tv
- Sign in with your BBC I Player account and password and choose a Display name.
- After clicking Continue, you will get a screen to add the code you saw on your Firestick before.
- Add the code and click Sign in on your TV
- After successful authorization you’ll be done! Now you can watch and stream videos through BBC I Player on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BBC iPlayer Free To Use?
Yes. BBC iPlayer is a free streaming platform available in the UK that has all the BBC channels like BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC News and Radio One as well.
Is BBC iPlayer available In The US?
Unfortunately, BBC I Player is currently only available for the people in the UK. It is geo-restricted and can only be accessed by overseas users with the help of a VPN.
Is the BBC I Player App Available on Amazon Store?
No. The BBC i Player is actually not available on the Amazon Store which is why to install BBC i Player on your Firestick, you will need to install an APK.